1. Tools - my husband lives by this rule. He said this applies to things like drills and saws. Remember to do your research before buying. Look at consumer reviews and see if you can buy it for a few bucks off else where. I don't know if they still do this, but when we first bought our house we found ourselves at Lowe's quit a bit. Ask for a change of address form at the post office. Sometimes there are coupons to Lowe's for 10% off a certain amount which comes in handy if you need to purchase expensive equipment. An employee at Lowe's told my husband about this because he was asking about discounts. Speaking of which if you or your spouse is in the military inquire about military discounts at home improvement stores. Some restaurants will give a military discount as well but I'm not sure which ones. Of course you'll have to provide a military I.D :)
2. Shoes - you don't have to go top of the line expensive, but it's a bad idea to get bottom line cheap as they will most likely fall apart in no time or really hurt your feet. A good pair of tennis shoes for about $50.00 will last a long time. I've had a pair of New Balance that my husband bought me for two years and I still don't thing they have much wear in them.
3. Cookware - It's better to spend a little more money on a good set of pots and pans. If you buy the cheap non-stock bake ware you may have noticed that it starts flaking in a few months. All that replacement adds up.
Again you don't have to go top of the line - there is usually a golden middle in most scenarios.
* this is all I can think of for now so if you have something that experience has taught you not to scrimp on then by all means leave a comment! *
No comments:
Post a Comment